1/28/11

Well here goes nothing...

Today...well technically Monday I will start my blog.  I don't really think I am doing it for any other reason than to track my own progress and hope for the best.  February will literally be more than insane with 12 basketball games and 32 softball games plus baseball games (I will go to those if I want or have to) and visits from the parents and grandparents.


You see I have been struggling with weight issues my life (haha really who hasn't?), but I'm at a point where I am just trying to maintain and continue to get healthier.  If that means dropping another 30 pounds I will.  So this means tracking what I'm eating, working out and getting sleep.

Goals on this blog:
1) Keeping a food journal...no I am not going to be a nutcase who says OMG I ate three m&m's today let me write that down ...  but for the big meals its a must.  I think if I write it down I will be happy or ashamed to be honest with myself.  I know I will have days where Chick-fil-A sounds better than anything I have to eat and I will eat it.

2) Tracking my exercise (KICKS).  I will tell you I have definitely become more mobile than in the last five years.  I finished my first 5K in May 2010 and I would like to get some more under my belt.  So the goal is small ... four days a week.  In my cube at work it says five, but realistically in my line of work and the schedule I keep...four is best!

3) Sharing cooking tips and recipes (KITCHEN).  I LOVE COOKING.  I hate cooking for only myself, but I will do it if I can get three-four meals out of it.  I cook for my roommate, but sometimes he eats more than I hope (but he's awesome so it doesn't matter).

Anyways, feel free to join on this trip or don't.  I will definitely have some random ramblings in here, but hopefully nothing too negative.

Monday it begins.

-Murph

No comments:

Post a Comment