1/11/13

Fitness Friday

I MADE IT!  First full week back at work and I made it...but of course I have to work tomorrow as well.  Heck I don't have a Saturday off until February.  At least it is Friday and today I am dubbing it as a Fitness Friday.

I worked out four times in the last five days and plan on getting up to workout tomorrow morning before our games.  You see I like putting smiley faces on my calendar (that is how I track working out) so I am going to keep this up.  I took down last year's calendar at the beginning of the week and was so happy to see how many smiley faces I had throughout the year.  It marked at least 15 or more in every month except November and December which I think is an amazing accomplishment

This month my goal is just to move for 30 minutes every day. It doesn't have to be at one time, but just get up and move.  Yesterday I took a day off because of a couple reasons - 1) I had class at night, 2) It was game day and my hair was already done and I didn't want to re do it and 3) I just didn't feel like it.  Instead I got up for five minutes three different times and walked around the hallways.  It wasn't a real "work out", but I was at least moving. Actually logged almost 9,000 steps which is a lot for me.

Heh - made me laugh.
I'm setting a few goals for this year regarding fitness...nothing too crazy, but a few things I would like to try to reach.

1) Run a half marathon or maybe a 25K.
I have been on the fence about signing up for the River Bank Run in May, but I think I will end up doing it.  I have a couple more weeks before the prices go up again.

2) See muscle definition...anywhere. Or everywhere?

3) Run a 5K in less than 30 minutes.  This one might be rough because as "easy" as three miles are lately, I just don't like to run fast.

4) Try some new things.
One new thing on tap is TRX.  They are offering it at GVSU in the Group Fitness pass so I am going to try it.  May also go to Spin this semester.  I have wanted to try it for years, but just never did it.

5) Do another Warrior Dash. Possibly somewhere new or maybe where I move to (here's hoping!).

Anyway...I know that my life is completely different from what it was a year ago because my one-year anniversary with Weight Watchers is tomorrow.  One whole year...geez.  Well seeing as I don't want to make it two years without getting to my final goal weight, I am going to be kicking it up in the gym a bit and hopefully it pays off.

Don't get me wrong...I can go several days without thinking about running or moving or doing anything active, but I know that after those few days are up, I am ready to roll and do something again. Fitness is now a big part of my life and hopefully it will continue. I also hope I spark a few people to get up and just move.

That is all for today because after work I am cleaning quickly and then being a couch potato.

Until next time,
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment