1/10/13

Thankful Thursday: Weight Watcher Wednesday

Well I am going to roll two blog posts into one mainly because I got lazy yesterday and didn't feel like writing.  Today for Thankful Thursday I want to talk about Weight Watcher Wednesday.

First of all, I am extremely thankful to myself that I gave Weight Watchers a chance.  Second I am thankful for Weight Watchers in general and finally I am most thankful for my Weight Watcher Wednesday meetings.  Now I go on Tuesday, but that is besides the point.

Anyways, I picked Wednesday because it was equal distance to and from the weekend.  The weekend used to be a time where I tended to indulge, do nothing or pay no attention what I was eating.  It gave me time to be good and be bad and still come out with a loss for the week.  I also found a home at my Wednesday meeting.  It was full of all sorts of people -- young, old, some far from goal, some very close, and from all different walks of life.  They shared stories and recommendations and showed me that WW is a lifestyle you can keep.

Plus my leader was phenomenal.  She was energetic, upbeat and encouraging.  I had been to other meetings and never really felt comfortable being there.  I thought that people were looking at me like I didn't belong or something.  At WW Wednesdays, I was comfortable speaking when my leader asked me a question.  She talked to us like human beings, not weaklings who couldn't lose weight.  I still go to Wednesday meetings whenever I can just in case she is leading that day.

I never wanted to be the one spouting off about a diet or a miracle to weight loss because there isn't one.  WW just helped me figure out what the heck I was doing and where I was going wrong.  I used to think that my turkey sloppy joes on a whole wheat bun eaten open-faced was a great meal...little did I know that I was eating about three-to-four servings of ground turkey.

Anyways, I am thankful to Weight Watchers for developing a system that I think any one could live on.  It may be a little tedious at times to count points, but I think it is tedious to be overweight and unhealthy.  WW is definitely a support system.  I have done Jenny Craig in the past and if you didn't lose one week they questioned you and made you feel bad.  I have NEVER felt bad at a WW meeting. I may have been disappointed in myself, but because of WW I knew where I may have gone wrong or messed up a little.

WW has allowed me to see non-scale victories (NSV) that I may have missed otherwise.  The fact that I can run seven miles without stopping is amazing and I need to remind myself that all of the time.  It may have not showed on the scale for the last two-ish months, but I can do it.  I know some of my "smaller" friends that can barely run two miles. Pretty soon I am going to run 15 miles and it may not show on the scale, but I know that I can do it.  WW lets you appreciate that your clothes feel better, people notice that you look different or even something as simple as you tracked for ONE whole day.

I know its a company and its goal is to make money, but it really does change lives if you let it. So on this second Thursday in 2013, I am thankful for Weight Watchers.  It has changed my life for the better and I will always be an advocate for the system.

If any one ever wants to know more about it, I would be happy to share.  Plus I have some stuff I don't even use because I have my phone that you could use to start out.  Would love to talk about it.

Until tomorrow,
-A

P.S. Fridays are for Fun, Flirty or Fitness whatever the "F" I feel like talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment