10/10/12

And I'm BACK!


My last wonderful post on this blog was back when I was in a technology class. I have decided to revamp it and get back to my life.

For those who may not know, I have been on a weight loss journey since January 9, 2012 and have now lost 36.2 lbs
August 2011 to August 2012...I can tell a difference for sure
So let's update you on what has happened throughout that loss...March I hit the 20 pound mark and June was 30.  These last few weeks have been a yo-yo and my body trying to figure out what the hell its doing.  This summer definitely didn't help, but it also didn't hinder too much.  I lost 3 lbs in 3 months and I will tell you that is an accomplishment from everything I did.

I went  on several vacations (I know how did I get so lucky).  Well it was a lot of hard work and a lot of saving.  Starting in June, I hit up Florida to visit the place where I used to live and people I worked with.  Worked out everyday I was there, despite a massive hangover from a long delay at the airport and a late night, ate pretty well and got some sun.  Weigh in on Wednesday was kind and I was down 0.8.

At the end of June I was on my way to St. Louis.  Poor planning on my part = eating crappy food in my car.  I also drank every night and didn't really “think” too hard about my meals, but you know what I ended up losing 1.2 lbs that week (one workout and lots of walking I guess).

Finally I closed out my list of “real” vacations with a trek to Vegas.  This one was a doozie (sp?).  I say that because in Vegas, you eat, drink, walk, “swim” and gamble…and that is exactly what I did.

I did have one more “get-out-of-town” event and I went to Toronto to go to a baseball game as well as see some of the city.   More eating and more drinking ensued.  Throughout the summer I also went to Tigers games, went out with friends and enjoyed my life.

All in all though, I lost 3.4 pounds in those months and I am happy to say that.

So here I am 36.2 pounds gone; an entire size down (possibly more, but I am not ready for that yet) and a happier, healthier me.

I have decided to resume blogging in hopes that it keeps me committed and focused to my end goal.  To stay with that I have created themes for each day:
Meditation Monday
Tuesday Troubles
Weight Watcher Wednesday
Thankful Thursday
Fun, Flirty Friday
And
Weekend Warrior

Maybe I will gather some followers on this thing.  Until tomorrow.
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment