10/18/12

Thankful Thursday: My bed

Don't get too excited because this Thankful Thursday is not that deep like my previous one.  I am thankful for a lot of things, but there are a few things this week that I am more thankful for than ever.

Today I am going to be a little bit shallow/commercial and say I am thankful for my bed.  I am extremely tired and visions of laying in bed is dancing around in my head like plum fairies (is that the right Christmas story?)

This really doesn't do it justice.
I can honestly say that one of the best things that I have ever purchased (with a little help from my parents) is my pillow top, queen size bed.  It is WONDERFUL!

Besides being amazingly comfortable and not giving me back problems like my beds in college, I feel lucky to have a bed.  That was reinforced when I had to sleep on the floor at my cousin's apartment last weekend.  And at least that was a clean (relatively) floor inside an apartment.  I can't even imagine trying to sleep outside on top of cardboard boxes or in dumpsters or somewhere else.

The thing I like best about the bed is that it is both very soft and firm at the same time.  The pillow top allows for a soft landing, while the bottom half is full of support.  I imagine sometimes that its like sleeping on a cloud.  How cliche :)

Now there is not much that cannot be solved by just laying down in said bed.  Whenever I have a bad day, or something stressful going on, I can just let my mind go when I am in it.  It is like being in a yoga class without having to pose!

I also do not have buyer's remorse.  Some people buy their bed and then after a year it sucks or they discover it doesn't even fit well in the room they have.  So many issues, but I can honestly say if I just had my bed whenever I move I will be a happy camper!

One could also say that it helps me in my weight loss because you know that you burn calories in your sleep...sometimes more than if you are just sitting still at a desk. Plus when I am well rested I perform better during the day. Proof of this is the last couple of nights that I have stayed up late because I was watching TV or catching up with people and I have been VERY sleepy at work thus slow at accomplishing things.

So yes today I am thankful for my bed and I can't wait to see it at 10 p.m. tonight.

Tomorrow: Fun, Flirty Friday

Until then,
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment