10/19/12

Fun, Flirty Friday

Well it is already Friday again.  This time last week I was in the midst of a great run and preparing to go to Michigan State for the weekend.  Today is QUITE different.

I had my alarm set to do my workout like I always do on Friday mornings, but when it went off I just did not feel well.  I think the weather has hit me a bit and I am a little run down.  I keep taking my vitamins and drinking a lot of water, but I just feel like my body is telling me to slow down a bit.

However, today is game day so I can't slow down too much.  Game days are the reason I love my job so much.  Yes I have to work extra hours, yes its cold standing in the press box and yes sometimes the results are not always what you want, but overall I love Game Days! Plus our soccer team is in a run for first place in the conference and it is very nice to host the tournament at your place instead of having to travel.  So let's get it ladies!

Any way...

There are fewer things more exciting to me than going to a live sporting event whether I am working or attending.  When our volleyball team was playing Ferris State a few weeks ago I went as a spectator for the first time in a while and it felt so odd to yell out something.  Professional sports are different, I have no problem yelling there, but sometimes I forget that if I am not working a game, I can cheer! Sports are fun.

They are fun because they bring people together.  No doubt most of the state of Michigan was cheering for the Detroit Tigers last night.  And now they are heading to the WORLD SERIES!  I have now seen this twice in my life time and would REALLY like to see the first championship since 1984. GO TIGERS!

Let me move on to the flirty part of Friday.  I believe I have almost lost my ability to flirt.  In high school and college, I am pretty sure I had it down pat, but now I am like a lost puppy.  Or I do flirt and its taken the wrong way and I end up having to turn someone down or have a creepy guy start following/talking to me.  Hopefully I haven't lost my ability entirely and that someone, somewhere still thinks I can do it.

I do know that my weight loss has given me a lot of my confidence back and some of the more ballsy things I did in college I am more willing to do now.  And don't get crazy kids, I am just referring to basically approaching guys, or group of guys and talking to them -- nothing more.  It is definitely nice to get attention back as well because any one who knows me knows that I enjoy attention every now and then; I am an only child after all.

This made me laugh.
On another note, there has been talk of a possible date with a new fellow from Match.com, but who knows if that will ever happen. Speaking of dating sites, can you really flirt on those things?  Again I think most of time you come off like a skank/just wants to get laid or a total creeper.  I mean really, you haven't even met the person, how the heck can you try to flirt with them?  Just my thoughts.

Well time to do some actual work ... maybe.
Next Up: Weekend Warrior.

Until next time,
-A



No comments:

Post a Comment