10/26/12

Fun, Fit Friday - Oh Yeah It's a New Thing!

Totally dropped the bomb on writing a Thankful Thursday post.  Almost didn't get around to this one either, but while I'm waiting for volleyball to start tonight, I figured I could rep this out.

Normally its Fun, Flirty Friday, but today I wanted to talk about Fitness.  I did something physical every day this week.  Monday was yoga, Tuesday I ran, Wednesday I did a Totally Toned class, yesterday I went for a 30-minute walk and today I ran for 30 minutes.  Yay.  I haven't done that in a really long time.

Doing these various activities allowed me to see other people working out in a natural setting.  Not to say that I am staring at these people whilst they attempt things, but some people just have NO IDEA what they are doing, but at least they are trying.

I do have to comment on it though because I find it absolutely hilarious how one can be so unaware of how their body is moving.  Let's take yoga for example.  Not the easiest practice, but definitely not hard.  However, the instructor tells you how to align your body.  Shoulders back, heels aligned but a foot apart and hinge from the waist--then WHY are you almost in a split and hunched over like Quasimodo?

Or take this picture for example...how do you not know that your butt is propped up in the air when you are planking or doing a push up?  I am not judging you because you may not be able to do said plank or push up, but I judge when you make NO adjustment throughout the whole thing.

Today while I was stretching and doing my push ups (on my knees, I am not ashamed), this girl in front of me also started doing her reps.  Not to my surprise though, she was on her knees and she looked like she was bobbing for apples, head, arms and feet, EVERYTHING was moving.  So just to make sure I wasn't rushing to a quick judgement or anything I redid a set...only thing moving for me were my arms.

Another thing I have a hard time watching people do is A) stretch like they are in a hurry and b) do squats.  Stretching is a dreaded task I know, but touching your toes and then reaching up to the sky, does not a stretch make.  And I don't think some people will ever understand the "don't go past your toes" thing.  It just seems to be incomprehensible for some to grasp.

Again, I am not a pro, but I know what my body is doing.  If you ever see me working out and I look like an awkward duck, make sure you say something.  I will definitely thank you and so will my muscles too.

Anyways that is all I have for today.  Big exciting plans this weekend. Maybe pictures will follow, we shall see.

Until next time,
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment